Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Wildcats and Recipes

3-0 Wildcats made it to the championship tonight!!!

My goal is to make it to the championship game. Never been to a CWS game, this one would be the one to go to.

Healthy eating update:

Wanted to share some of my recipes with you readers so if you're trying to make your calorie goal, you aren't unhealthily starving yourself. I've been Gluten free for a couple of weeks so these recipes are gluten free.

Feta and Spinach Turkey Burgers: makes 4 servings, 160 calories per serving

1 lb ground turkey breast
4 oz reduced fat feta cheese
fresh spinach (as much as you like)
1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg whites

Mix together in bowl, split into fourths, put it on the grill and done!

Ranch Turkey Burgers: makes 4 servings, 128 calories per serving

1 lb ground turkey breast
1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg whites

Again just mix together in a bowl, split into fourths, put on the grill and done. I like to put a slice of cheddar cheese (45 calorie thin slices from Sargento melt really well) on each patty and melt it on top of the burger.

Low Cal Raspberry Smoothie: makes 2 servings, 105 calories per serving

1/2 cup Raspberry Ciao Bella Greek Frozen Yogurt (available at Target)
1 cup frozen raspberries
3/4 cup fuji apple pear Sobe Life Water



I also grill veggies and lightly seasoned chicken breast on my pink George Foreman. I love that little Barbie grill.


What I've found makes working out much more rewarding is my new post-workout ritual I thought I'd share. I make a cup of Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat tea, cut up half an orange, and take a bath and eat, drink, and relax. It is ridiculously refreshing and doesn't undo any of your hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers