Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Am Titanium (Ti 22 e+)

Since I've been running, I've been gaining endurance but I don't want to venture further than my normal route because I don't want to get stranded with my asthma. I will need to find a new route probably starting today but I've been running twice a day on the same route (about 1.5 miles). It's better to do high intensity workouts for shorter periods of time than a low intensity workout for a longer period of time, but I can handle further. Maybe I'll just speed it up. I really don't know why I'm explaining all of this unless anyone has some advice for me.

General Chemistry 1 test, lab final, and final this week in a row. So I'm not only exercising my body but my mind too. I need to stay strong.

So I know it's summer and most people aren't crazy and taking classes early like I am, but this is for you readers to refer to when classes start or for hard workers who tend to eat on the job. I need something in my mouth when I'm learning. Maybe you've seen me chewing on my pen in class (I know, so gross) but I just can't help it! Mr. Gruber explained it once in Ethics. I can't re-explain it very well so if you really want to learn about it, here's an article: http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Oral_fixation

Sobe Life Water: I am really obsessed with Fuji Apple Pear Life Water. But, there are other flavors too. I don't like to drink things with a lot of chemicals in them. The Fuji Apple Pear for example is zero calories, but has a lot of sodium in it. So I drink them if I know I'm going to workout afterwards so some of the sodium will escape my system. But, it has some natural options too that are about 10 calories per serving or I know the Black Cherry Dragon fruit and Strawberry Apricot are zero calorie and natural. They all have good electrolytes or vitamins in them too to keep you energized while studying.

Tea and Fruit: On Instagram, I follow some British healthy eaters that share their recipes. They are always posting pictures of tea so I've been drinking it lately. I love drinking tea and eating fruit together. It gives you a surge of energy and it's natural energy. I don't like eating fruit plain for some reason. I just don't like how cold it is. But with the tea, it's really delicious for some reason. Don't ask me why because I couldn't explain. My favorite is Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat with a little bit of Truvia sweetener in it and an orange.

Spearmint Gum: I love Ice Breakers Ice Cubes. It gives off a cold sensation. It's been proven that chewing spearmint gum while studying helps you remember what you're learning.
http://www.mendeley.com/research/effects-of-chewing-gum-on-mood-learning-memory-and-performance-of-an-intelligence-test/

Pirate's Booty: 130 calories per serving and available everywhere (even Walgreens)! It tastes like White Cheddar Cheetos and is Gluten and Trans Fat Free. I would really recommend rationing it out into servings though once you get it. It's very easy to over-eat Pirate's Booty.



Went to the College World Series game last night to check out Arizona's competition. Looks like they're playing the Gamecocks. Good luck AZ, bear down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers