Saturday, January 7, 2012

Birthday Birthday Birthday

Yes, yesterday I turned 18. It was a great day.


The worst part of my day was getting my licence renewed. I found a serious hipster waiting in line. Aviators and long hair completed his outfit. He seemed to be trying too hard. But, the scariest part of the whole situation was hearing the announcement 4 times that I needed to have 2 proofs of address. I had only brought my birth certificate and no proof of address. Turns out I didn't need it or my birth certificate, just needed my old licence.


The best part of my day was eating at Kobe's Steakhouse. It's a teriyaki place where they cook your food right in front of you and do tricks with knives and such. It was fun and we shared the table someone named Noel who shared my birthday and his wife and kids. They rang the gong for me and I got my picture taken. Pretty great if you ask me.


Later that night saw some familiar and sketchy faces at the gas station. Yes, we saw our little Mexican friends who like to blow kisses to us from the window of the store. Why does that always happen to us? Overall, great birthday and hopefully more great ones to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers