Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Don't forget to remind me"

-- a phrase I often say to friends and family while driving or writing, frightens me somewhat. We only use about 10% of our brains. I want to know how to use the other 90%.

Maybe you're wondering how I came up with this topic? I bought a book in the Salt Lake City airport to keep me entertained. "Moonwalking with Einstein" by Joshua Foer -a New York Times Bestseller- is about a man's journey to have the best memory in the world.




My new goal, not only become a physical athlete but a mental athlete as well. Foer mentions how important a healthy body is for a healthy mind. So, I think I can do both at once.

It will be more difficult for me to get exercise during the day because my workouts will only be in the morning before work, but I am dedicated to feeling good.

Speaking of fitness, being in Salt Lake reminds me how much more I should use my bike. To be honest, I'm a little scared of it because it is so much taller than I. It was purchased when I was younger and I was expected to be 6 feet tall. Yeah.. I'm 5'5"... So that translates to big bike, little Rae Rae.

I will keep you readers updated hopefully daily about my brain and bike adventures. Also, Montana trip is in just a couple of days so I will have time to blog each day about that too.

Xx, stay strong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers